They say that location is everything. This small cafe in the Bercy neighborhood would make a killing in more popular areas. It’s a charming cafe operated by people that are passionate about the food and service they provide.
It’s conveniently located for those walking to Bercy Village, Parc de Bercy, or the Cour St. Emillion metro (#14). It’s tucked into the side of an anonymous building and looks toward the elevated train tracks and Notre Dame de la Nativité de Bercy
I stop by to get my morning coffee and love the selection of salads, soups, smoothies, and lunch items. It’s a shame I don’t work nearby to enjoy their lunch time offerings. Of course, this really isn’t much of an excuse. They have pre-packaged lunches just waiting for you to pickup on the way to work.
Their menu is stacked with vegetarian and vegan options inspired by seasonal fruits and vegetables. Here’s a sample of their menu:(as of Feb. 2008)
- Carrot salad with coriander and dressing
- Lentil salad with red onions and coriander
- Vegetable plate with zucchini, eggplant, leeks, and fennel
- 4 different vegetarian/vegan pasta dishes: Vegetarian, Mushroom, 3 cheese, and tomato/pimento
- Brie, arugula, and walnut sandwich
- Seasonal market vegetable soup and tarts
- Fruit salad with mint syrup
- Fruit smoothies
- Fresh fruit
- Teas, coffee, water, and more
Lunches range from approx. 4-7 Euros. It’s affordable, friendly, and an oasis of vegetarian options in this neighborhood.
- Parisian Sweet Bar
- 10 rue de Dijon, Paris 75012
- Metro: Cour St-Emillion
- 01 44 73 40 44
- Hours: 8h-18h Monday to Friday
- Accessibility: Outdoor patio with easy access, small step to interior, no bathroom service